Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Update

Hello all. I know it’s been a bit quite around here lately, so I thought I’d chime in with an update. Things are just hectic – work is picking up (which is a good thing even if it does impact blog/reading time) and I had a couple of trips in there. And with all the time I’ve spent travelling or in the office (where things like Twitter are blocked), I’ve been pretty silent on all fronts.

I’ve simply not found the time to write a couple of reviews – so, for my own sanity and keeping my interest, I’ll probably do ‘mini-reviews’ rather than full on reviews of a couple of books just to keep up. This will be for Retribution Falls by Chris Wooding (Book Depository, Powell’s Books, Indiebound) and Wolfsangel by M.D. Lachlan (Book Depository, Powell’s Books, Indiebound). I’m currently slogging my way through The White-Luck Warrior by R.Scott Bakker (Book Depository, Powell’s Books, Indiebound). It’s good, sometimes very good, but it’s also a very dense and slow read. So, it’ll take me a while to get through with the 15- to 30- minute reading chunks I get. I’m not sure what’ll be next since I have quite a few books that I really want to read, but I imagine I’ll choose something a bit lighter.

So, I’m still here, though it’ll probably be a bit quite around here for a little while longer.

6 comments:

Justin said...

Definitely time to get an intern Ken. I can loan you one of mine. I've got one writing two letters for me now while I write a blog post.

Neth said...

An intern would be nice - especially one that doesn't require any management.

Neth said...

Oh, and are my tax dollars paying for that intern to do your job?

Justin said...

Intern is free. So no. But don't go down this path. It leads to madness.

Neth said...

I'm sure it does - unfortunately amused sarcasm (which a lot of my comments are) doesn't translate well.

Carl V. Anderson said...

Great to hear from you Ken! Things certainly sound hectic, which can be a good thing when it comes to making a living, but it does take its toll on other pursuits. Hope things calm down for you soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...