Friday, June 10, 2011

Something Completely Different

A short-fuse project came up this week that required me to go to southwest Utah. The challenges of getting around the Grand Canyon from where I live meant that I drove accross norhtern Arizona and southern Utah to get there - which is some of the most spectacular scenery in the country and world. Included was a brief stopover in Zion National Park. In fact, about the time this post goes live, I'll probably be back in Zion on my return home - I plan to spend a few hours hiking before making the 5-hour drive back to the house and family.

Zion National Park, Utah

4 comments:

Todd said...

Beautiful!

Brett said...

I'm jealous. It's been years since I last hiked the Narrows in Zion's. It was very beautiful as well when I was there last time.

Anonymous said...

Ah, my corner of the world, though I live in northern Utah rather than southern. I LOVE Zion though. So beautiful. I was there one October and it was foggy, drizzly and just absolutely some of the most amazing scenery I've ever seen. The fog and drizzle added a really interesting aspect to everything.

I hope you have fun!

Ryan said...

Zion is great. I loved hiking up the river when I was there. Easily my all-time favorite hike.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...