Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pre-Reading Info for Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson

The much anticipated release of the penultimate volume in The Wheel of Time series will be released on November 2ndTowers of Midnight by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson (Book Depository, Powell’s Books, Indiebound). As a long-time fan this post serves no other purpose than to point fans in the direction of resources and teasers available before the release next month.


I have finished the book and I enjoyed it very much (a full review will go live on the 2nd). Fans, I know you can’t wait, and I am looking forward to talking about all the juicy stuff I now know. So, while you wait, enjoy:

  • You can purchase an ebook version of the Prologue: “Distinctions” at the usual places (a greedy move by Tor in my opinion). There is also a teaser for the Prologue here that consists of one of the points of view from the Prologue.





  • Jason from Dragomount also helped to develop a book trailer for Towers of Midnight. You can watch below (minor spoilers that really don’t spoil in my opinion).





  • EDIT: And head on over to the Tor/Forge blog where there are a lot of fun little articles about The Wheel of Time and Towers of Midnight by various Tor publicists, editors and people behind some of the better Wheel of Time fan websites out there. (or just check out the newsletter)



Also, it is strongly suggested that you not read the Glossary of Towers of Midnight prior to the book – one entry has what most WOT fans would consider a major spoiler (or two).

I think I’ve covered it all, enjoy the wait!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...