Friday, September 04, 2009

Milestone Links

So, a couple days ago I reached a technical milestone – the SiteMeter hit counter that I put on the blog within a couple of days of it’s creation back in February 2006 officially went over 100,000 visitors. Of course, this is something of an imaginary milestone since SiteMeter reportedly misses up to 30% of visitors and since something around half of my readership occurs through RSS feeds and wouldn’t be counted. So, the reality is I probably crossed over 100,000 quite some time ago (and who knows where it really stands in terms of unique vs. repeat and all that). But anyway, it’s a milestone and source of a bit of pride (even though in terms of my blogger peers, I’m only mid-level in terms of visitors – for comparison, I’m roughly an order of magnitude less than Pat over at Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist).

Anyway, enough narcissism around here and on to a couple links:

Brandon Sanderson’s tour dates for The Gathering Storm (US, UK, Canada, Indiebound) have been announced. I plan on being at the Arizona signing. In related news, apparently there will be some big Wheel of Time announcements at this-weekend’s DragonCon.

The Agony Column interviews authors from The Very Best Anthology of Science Fiction and Fantasy (US, UK, Canada, Indiebound), including Peter Beagle, Karen Joy Fowler, Michael Swanwick, Mary Rickert, Jeffrey Ford, John Kessel, Delia Sherman, Ellen Klages, Gene Wolfe, Charles de Lint, and Fantasy and Science Fiction publisher Gordon Van Gelder.

That’s it – enjoy your holiday weekend (if you’ve got one anyway).

7 comments:

Aidan Moher said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Nice, Ken. Long live Neth Space!!

Ben said...

Congratulations! Here's to the next 60,000,000,000 hits!

Harry Markov said...

As far as I hear Google Analytics are better at breaking down data like this, but never the less 100, 000 views is a major accomplishment. Here is to a million from me in the next three years. :)

Tia Nevitt said...

Congratulations! I'm not quite where you are, but there will be a happy dance the day I hit 100,000 visits!

I wonder if you can import Google Analytics stats into SiteMeter. GA doesn't give you a good way to show off your stats!

Neth said...

thanks guys - I do have google analytics set up as well, but I didn't start that until much later, so the stats aren't as up to date as Sitemeter. I think you can do a lot more with Sitemeter if you are willing to pay, but I'm too cheap for that.

ediFanoB said...

Belated Congratulations! That is really a milestone. and I think it gives you a kind of feedback which everyone needs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...