Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Links for Procrastination

Here is another entry of my entirely erratic link roundups. Today I’m in a bit of a good mood because last night I unpacked The Stack and got it in place on a bookshelf (The Stack was contained in about 11 boxes and I’m guess weighs in at close to 300 books). Anyway, on to the links…

  • Pat over at the Hotlist has caused a stir with his post about hype. I really haven’t followed it and don’t care to. It seems to be the result of his not understanding what hype actually is versus buzz and the fact that people simply have differing opinions more than anything nefarious. Simon Spanton of Gollancz doesn’t seem to come off too well through it all – which is unfortunate, because I think he’s pretty right-on through the discussion. There are plenty of other reactions around the web, but I’m too lazy to search them out since I’ve not gotten engaged in this discussion.

1 comment:

Carl V. Anderson said...

Congrats on the unpacking of The Stack!!! That has to make you feel good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...